Recently, my husband and I were hosting friends for a long weekend. While our friends are not vegan, I didn’t want to pass up an ideal opportunity to wow them with how easy and delicious a whole-food, plant-based lifestyle can be. I decided to let them keep their bacon and instead, I switched out their eggs. I felt going straight for the bacon might have been too aggressive : )
I settled on making frittatas because they can be tailored to each guest’s preferences. If you make individual, muffin sized eggless treats, your guests can add-in whatever they fancy – like an omelet station at a restaurant. Simply prep your muffin tins, pour in the batter, set out little bowls with options your guests can choose from, and ta-dah… bespoke eggless frittatas.
- Muffin tin
- Cooling rach
- 1 ¾ cup garbanzo bean flour
- ¼ cup nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder or minced
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 ¼ cup water
Options for Add-ins
- 1 cup corn fresh or frozen
- ¼ cup basil fresh and chopped
- ½ cup spinach
- 1 jalapeno seeds removed and chopped
- ½ cup tomatoes diced
- ⅓ cup onions diced
- 1 cup vegan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.In a large bowl, mix the dry ingredients together – flour, yeast, baking powder, garlic powder, dried basil. Whisk in the water. Fold in the vegetables – for example corn, tomatoes, jalapeno, onion, spinach.Add batter to greased muffin tin – should make 12 mini-frittatas. The frittatas can be tricky
to get out, so make sure you grease the entire muffin tin.Cook for approximately 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
Remove from oven and let cool for 10 min. in the muffin tin. Remove frittatas and place on a cooling rack.Enjoy!