This mint lime dressing, which has just a hint of heat thanks to the cayenne, takes a basic fruit salad and makes it the most talked about dish on the table.
Melon Salad with Lime Mint Dressing
Watermelon, honeydew melon, bailan melon and kiwis decorate the platter beautifully, while the mint lime dressing brings the entire dish to life.
- Melon baller
- 1/4 cup lime juice fresh
- 1 tsp agave
- 1/4 tsp salt kosher
- 5 tbsp mint finely chopped
- 3 tbsp basil finely chopped
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1 watermelon medium size
- 1 honeydew melon medium size
- 1 bailan melon medium size
- 3 kiwis
- Whisk lime juice, agave, salt and cayenne pepper together. Add in the finely chopped mint
- Use a melon baller to carve out about half of each melon. Peel and slice kiwis. Transfer to a platter – place fruit in whatever design makes you happy.
Drizzle with the dressing and decorate with basil and mint leaves.